- Organization: Girls with Gears
- Causes: Civic, Health, Sports, Women
- Date(s): Ongoing; specifically for the Carol for Heart/Girls with Gears ride in Limerick, PA on Sunday, April 17th
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.gearing-up.org
Gearing Up, a nonprofit organization whose mission is to provide women in transition from drug and alcohol addiction, domestic violence, and/or homelessness with the skills, equipment, and guidance to safely ride a bicycle for exercise, transportation, and personal growth, is currently seeking volunteers to help in a variety of ways:
- Come ride with us! Get some extra time in the saddle and mentor new riders while building relationships with women in transition. We have groups riding most days of the week; distances and levels vary.
For a schedule of rides, visit our News and Events page.
On Sunday April 17th, 2011, our riders will be participating in the Carol for Heart/Girls with Gears ride in Limerick PA, riding the 10, 25, or 40 mile routes. We are looking for volunteers to ride with us as well as to help transport riders and their bikes from Philadelphia to Limerick. Registration to ride with the Gearing Up team is $25 to be paid by April 16th. You can sponsor a Gearing Up rider by covering her entry fee of $20. Contact Jessica at email@example.com if you are interested.
- Help us build-a-bike! Women who earn 100 miles are enrolled in an earn-a-bike class with Neighborhood Bike Works. You don't need to be an expert to help – just bring your enthusiasm!
- Bike Maintenance! We currently have a fleet of bicycles that need monthly maintenance. If you have proficient skill - this is a great way to give back to the community.
- Become a Mentor! Gearing Up is partnering with the Center Foundation's Women Care program to match alumni riders who have completed their own bike with a mentor. For more information and to apply, visit their website and scroll down to the Training section to download an application.
If interested in volunteering, please be sure to attend our next volunteer meeting. For more information e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org