Get the Best Deals on Back to School Supplies
We've scoured the web and compared the major circulars to find you some great savings.
It’s no secret that school districts around the country are dealing with dwindling budgets. As a result, the onus has fallen to parents in recent years to stock their child’s desks and classrooms with the tools and supplies they’ll need for the coming school year. These requirements can include things from essentials like pencils and erasers to calculators and ink cartridges.
Your child’s school probably sent home a required school-supply list at the end of last school year, or mailed one to you over the summer. If not, contact your school, or use this basic checklist as a guide.
At Patch, we’ve scoured websites and compared store ads to map out the deals, in an effort to save you time and money.
- Dollar Tree has tons of writing implements for $1, including 16-packs of No. 2 pencils, Sharpie permanent markers, and 10-packs of ballpoint pens, both in store and online. You’ll also find index cards, spiral notebooks, magnetic dry-erase boards, sketchbook pads, notebook paper, composition notebooks, paper clip, push pins, staples, tape, correction fluid, calculators and more, all for $1 each (regular price!).
- At Target, save on school uniforms, back-to-school clothing and shoes, backpacks and school supplies. Pick up Crayola Crayons or colored pencils for $2.50 each, 10-count colored Sharpie markers for $5, and Swingline stapler, battery-operated pencil sharpener, scissors and mechanical pencils for $4 each. Prices valid through Aug. 25. Click here for additional coupon savings like $1 off PaperMate writing instruments, 50 cents off Scotch tape, $1 off Post-It Notes and 50 cents off Crayola Crayons.
- Walmart offers School Supplies Value Bundles designed especially for students in varying grade levels, at big savings. The Kindergarten to Third Grade Backpack/Lunchpack Combo is $23 and includes a backpack, pencils, markers, binder, notebook, glue, erasers, crayons and bonus $5 eGift card. In store, through Aug. 25, stock up on one-subject spiral notebooks for 17 cents each. Cra-Z-Art markers and colored pencils are 50 cents each, and 24-packs of crayons are 25 cents each. Bic Cristal pens, 10-count, are 97 cents in red, black and blue. Avery binders are $2.47 each.
- Office Max has buy two get one free savings on EXPO dry-erase markers and accessories, Mead notebooks, UniBall pens, OfficeMax binders, file folders and hanging file folders, Crayola products, Mead sketch pads and more. Also, if you’re shopping online you’ll get free shipping if you spend $50. Use the coupon on Page 11 of the weekly ad to get a pack of Boise 8.5 x 11 multiuse paper for $2.50. Limit two, valid through Aug. 25.
- Staples Dollar Deals has binder dividers for $1, Scotch brand duct tape as low as $4, 3-pack of all-purpose scissors for $5, construction paper for $3, mini magnetic stapler for $1, yellow writing pad for $1. Through Aug. 25, get white glue for 25 cents, one-subject spiral notebooks for 1 cent, and Bic Velocity 2-pack pens for 50 cents. Buy two 5-ream or 10-ream cases of paper and get one free. And don’t forget about the Staples Back-to-School Savings Pass for $10, which gives you 15 percent savings on lots of school supplies.
What supplies are on your child’s required list for this year? Tell us below in the comments.