How to Register to Vote in the Spring-Ford Area
In honor of National Voter Registration Day, we’re giving you all the information you need on how and where to register to vote.
If you haven’t yet registered to vote, get it off your to-do list now.
Today is National Voter Registration Day, and thousands of local, state and national organizations have mobilized to make sure millions of people don’t miss the chance to cast their vote in this year’s elections.
Six million people didn’t vote in the 2008 elections because they either did not know how to register or because they missed the voter registration deadline.
The voter registration deadline for Pennsylvania is October 9, 2012.
Here’s information on how you can register in time for the Nov. 6 elections:
- Most public offices (such as municipal buildings and post offices) have voter registration forms available. Fill out a voter registration form mail it to Montgomery County Voter Services, Montgomery County Courthouse, P.O. Box 311, Norristown, PA 19404-0311.
- Download a voter registration form from the Board of Elections website and mail it to Montgomery County Voter Services, Montgomery County Courthouse, P.O. Box 311, Norristown, PA 19404-0311.
- The Montgomery County GOP website has a form to fill out that will send the party your information and they will, in turn, mail you a voter registration form.
- The Montgomery County Democrats website links to the county's voter services page.
- Absentee ballots are still available. Check the county's page on absentee voting for deadlines and requirements.
Remember, Pennsylvania voters will be required to show valid ID to vote in the year's election. The attached PDF lists valid forms of ID. Also, here is information on obtaining a voter ID if you have no other identification.