The following release was submitted by Mike Hays, representing the Spring City Public Library:
The Spring City Public Library is seeking residents of all ages to join its Board of Directors. If you are over 18 years old and reside in East Vincent Township or Spring City Borough, we want to hear about your interest! As board members you will:
* Be an advocate for your local library
* Attend the monthly board meeting (3rd Tuesday, 7 p.m.).
* Be active in improving library services
* Help set budget priorities and participate in fund development
* Meet new people in your community
"Your new library is as close as ever to becoming reality," Board President Terry McCarthy said. "Get involved...we need your ideas, commitment, and hard work. This is your library...get to know it, love it, and help it grow!"
Students ages 16 to 18 are encouraged to apply for a junior board member position.