School Board Meeting Tonight: News/Notes
Jani-King, Eckstine, band/athletics awards among top items.
The Spring-Ford Area School District Board of Education will meet for a regular meeting tonight at 7:30 p.m. at the high school to discuss a number of things. Below is a list of the most important items on the agenda:
Eckstine Decision to be Made
Band Director John E. Eckstine Jr., resigned his position on May 4 in light of personal issues, which were covered on Patch throughout the month of May. The board may approve his resignation tonight. Below is a list of the Eckstine stories:
- SF Band Director, Limerick Woman Arrested
- CONFIRMED: Eckstine Resigns as Band Director
- UPDATE: Eckstine Hearing Rescheduled
- Four Charges Dismissed in Eckstine Case
- Judge to Eckstine, Alegado: No Contact
- Witnesses Testify in Eckstine Case
Jani-King, District Ending Relationship Mutually
On Friday, we learned that Jani-King allegedly "quit" working at the district. The following is from tonight's agenda.
Administration is recommending approval to enter into a mutual agreement to end the contract with Jani-King Cleaning Services as soon as all the paperwork is completed.
New Maintenance Company to be Hired
The following is also from tonight's agenda:
Administration is recommending approval to enter into a contract with Interstate Maintenance Corporation for district cleaning services based on a one year contact with a 30 day termination clause ,as per the Request for Proposal. Monthly costs shall not exceed $51,248.00 or a yearly total of $614,976.00. Any additional work requested by the district will be billed on an hourly basis, as per the contract. Funding will be paid from the Maintenance Budget.
Music/Sports Students Honored
The following students will receive honors from the board tonight:
- Drew Carr, Choir
- Kayla Dwyer, Choir
- Jordan Popky, Jazz Ensemble
- PAC-10 Title, Boys Track
- PAC-10 Title, Boys Lacrosse
- Tyler Triolo & Joey Graziadei, Boys Tennis
- Jen Yeakle, Track & Field
- Mikaila White, Track & Field
- Joe Bush, Track & Field
- Ryan Pierson, Track & Field
- Andrew Scanlan, Track & Field
- David O'Such, Track & Field
- Xavier Ingram, Jesse Magalon, Adam Musetti, Joe O'Such, Track & Field
District Principal Resign
Ed Smith, the 5/6 Center's principal will be resigning from the district pending approval by the board tonight. Smith is allegedly taking a job with the Owen J. Roberts school district.