School Board to Interview 8 Candidates
The board will hold a special meeting Thursday, October 11 at 6:30pm in the high school cafeteria.
Eight candidates are slated to be interviewed by the Spring-Ford Area School Board on Thursday during a special meeting.
The candidates are applying for the seat left open by David Shafer's resignation last month. Shafer relocated to Miami, Florida, for a job opportunity.
The vacant board seat is in Region I, which serves Upper Providence Township, in the voting districts of Mingo 1 and 2, Mont Clare, Oaks and Trappe.
Each candidate will have twenty minutes to answer questions from the board and ask questions of their own.
A district press release lists the candidates and their interview times as:
- Joshua Arnold, Collegeville, PA – 6:35 p.m.
- Bruce Bailey, Collegeville, PA – 6:55 p.m.
- Kathleen Byrne, Collegeville, PA – 7:15 p.m.
- George M Carter, Jr., Collegeville, PA – 7:35 p.m.
- Will Cromley, Royersford, PA – 7:55 p.m.
- Wenhong Luo, Phoenixville, PA – 8:15 p.m.
- Peter Ruckelshaus, Collegeville, PA – 8:35 p.m.
- Kelly Spletzer, Royersford, PA – 8:55 p.m.
The public is welcome to attend the meeting, but there will not be a public comment period unless the board decides to make a motion to accept a candidate on Thursday night.
If no motion is made, the board plans to review the responses from each candidate and, according to the press release, is likely to announce their selection at the regular board meeting on Monday, October 15.