Limerick Patch has your weekend covered. Check out some things to do in the area this weekend.
Patch has you covered on the weekends. We'll highlight some things you can do in the area this weekend, so stay tuned every Friday for your weekend essentials!
1. Friday, 5 p.m. - Powder Puff Football at Coach McNelly Stadium at Spring-Ford High School. The girls will be playing in a football game, while the boys cheer them on. The event is in coordination with the Rams' Homecoming festivities.
2. Friday, 8 p.m. - Mark Schultz and the Wayne Rangers with Beaufort at Chaplin's the Music Cafe. Beaufort is a band of musicians covering the best of folk and classic rock, featuring music from the Grateful Dead, Dylan, Beatles, Stones, Little Feat, Neil Young, Allman Brothers, The Band, John Prine, many other artists in the folk rock/classic rock genre. The band also performs several original compositions.
3. Saturday, 9 a.m. - Run for Courage at Spring-Ford High School. 5K run and 1 Mile Family Fun Walk. Proceed benefit the Conor McKenna Foundation. Conor passed away in March 2011 at the age of 15 after a 19 month battle with a rare cancer. This Foundation will provide a college scholarship award to a Spring-Ford High School student beginning with the graduating class of 2013. The award winner will be a student who has shown tremendous courage and perseverance when faced with some adversity in their life.
4. Sunday, 2 p.m. - Beef and Beer Fundraiser for Denny Raser at Linfield Fire Company. A beef and beer fundraiser will be held Oct. 23 from 2 to 6 p.m., to benefit Denny Raser, who needs financial assistance for bills and medical expenses. Tickets are $25 in advance, and $30 at the door, and include food, drinks, fun and DJ music. Raffles, a 50/50 and a bake sale table will also be available.
5. Sunday, 4:30 p.m. - MOMS Club of Royersford Trunk or Treat & Open House at Veterans Park. Moms, Dads and Children come dressed in your Halloween best to our Trunk or Treat & Open House. Come, have fun and learn about the MOMS Club of Royersford and what we have to offer. Bring a Friend too! Don’t forget to come dressed and bring a bag to collect your goodies! Free to all.