New today in The Limerick Post:
- Family Center Offers Workshop Sessions For Fathers The free and interactive workshop for Montgomery County fathers helps them improve parenting skills through father-child interaction, case management, education, and advocacy. It's being held in Sanatoga.
- State AARP Objects To New Electricity Rate Ruling The Pennsylvania chapter of AARP lodged objections Friday to changes in electricity rate plans by the state Public Utility Commission, claiming they would make power more expensive for some consumers.
- Philly Flower Show Features Botanical Illustrators Members of the Philadelphia Society of Botanical Illustrators report they have a special interest exhibit planned for those who attend the Philadelphia Flower Show next month.
- Montgomery County’s Latest Emergency Dispatches Did you just hear a siren? It could be the police, emergency medical service personnel, or fire companies being dispatched by Montgomery County’s Department of Public Safety. See its incident list here in real time.
- From ‘Serious Eats,’ Something Great For Dinner Tonight Whip up something fabulous for tonight’s dinner, with fresh recipes daily from “Serious Eats”.
- Ahead On The Calendar Local events by the day, week or month. Got one to add? E-mail The Post.
- Tomorrow’s AccuWeather Forecast, And National Weather News A look at what the next day could be like, provided by AccuWeather.
- Community Health Plans April Dental Sealant Program A children's dental sealant program, which provides complimentary oral examinations and sealant placement for children ages 6-14 years old, will be conducted April 6 by Community Health and Dental. It's free, and appointments are being accepted now.
- This Week: 1 Concert, 3 Fund-Raising Meals, 5 Speakers On The Post calendar: The Mango Men perform in Sanatoga; fill up on lasagna in Pottstown, beef in Boyertown, or pancakes in Collegeville; hear a presidential scholar at The Hill, a cruise presentation in Royersford, a slavery discussion at Ursinus; and spend a night reading with your family.
- Valley Forge Table Games Earned $2.55M In January Its take was based on the operation of 50 tables operating during the month in King of Prussia.
- All-Bach Organ Recital Scheduled Sunday At Ursinus The performance features college organist Alan Morrison. It's free and open to the public.
- Three Agents Join Keller Williams' Realty Limerick Office Chuck DeMutis, Heather Vernon, and Rebecca Brendlinger have joined its growing staff.
- Montgomery County Nominees Sought For Civil Rights Awards The deadline for submissions is March 31. Nomination forms can be found online.
- State AG Shoots Down Lottery Management Contract Pennsylvania Attorney General Kathleen Kane said Gov. Tom Corbett's plan to outsource management of the state lottery was unconstitutional.
- Local Businesses Sign On As Grandview Sponsors A Limerick company is among major supporters of the Bechtelsville PA NASCAR stock car track, touted as among the most successful in the country.
- Keep Up With Limerick Police, Now Open On Twitter It’s had an account for Facebook for a long time. Now the Limerick Police Department has a presence on Twitter too.
- Local Senator Ups State Transportation Ante By A Billion Limerick’s representative in the state Senate, John Rafferty, thinks Gov. Corbett’s proposal to fund transportation improvements in Pennsylvania by $1.7 billion annually is too low. He’s hoping to bump that figure up by another billion to solve a variety of infrastructure problems.
The Limerick Post is part of The Post Publications LLC. Joe Zlomek is its managing editor. These links to its content are provided as a service to readers of The Limerick Patch.