Montgomery County submitted the following news release:
The fifth of six recycling dates for the collection of electronic equipment sponsored by Montgomery County will take place Saturday, Sept. 14 at Lower Pottsgrove Elementary Schoolbetween 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. It is important to note that household hazardous waste will not be collected at electronic recycling events.The school is located at 1329 Buchert Road in Pottstown.
The remainder of the electronics recycling schedule is:
Upper Merion Middle School
Saturday, October 12, 2013
Enter near 435 Crossfield Road, King of Prussia
The following is the remaining schedule for the household hazardous waste collection program:
Lower Merion Transfer Station
Sunday, October 20, 2013
1300 N. Woodbine Ave., Penn Valley, PA
All events will take place between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m.
The following items will not be accepted at either the electronics or the household hazardous waste collection sites:
- Latex Paint – NOT Hazardous (Throw in trash after it is dried out completely.)
- Alkaline Batteries – NOT Hazardous (Throw in trash if made after 1996.)
- Large Appliances/White Goods – Contact your township or trash/ recycling hauler to schedule a pick up or call the Montgomery County Recycling Hotline at 610-278-3618.
- Explosives & Ammunition – Contact your local police department or the Montgomery County Bomb Squad at 610-278-3331.
- Infectious or Medical Waste
- Radioactive Waste
- Air Conditioners, Dehumidifiers, Refrigerators – Contact your township or trash/recycling hauler to schedule a pick up or call 610-278-3618 for more information. For working refrigerators contact PECO at 1-888-5-PECO-SAVE.
- Smoke Detectors – Send back to the manufacturer. Check the back of the item for more information OR throw in trash.
For more information on the collection events, please go to www.montgomerycountyrecycles.org. The specific document on the household hazardous waste events is at: http://www.montcopa.org/DocumentCenter/View/4551. The specific document on the electronics events is at: http://www.montcopa.org/DocumentCenter/View/4550.