Bruce D. Buckwalter, Paul Chrisman, Charles J. Bowers and John S. Grispon are running for election to Royersford Borough Council. Here is a look at information provided by the candidates:
Name: John S. Grispon
Positions Previously Held: I served on the Spring-Ford School Board for 16 years
Why are you running for office? I decided to file for Borough Council when I found out Councilman Bruce Burns was moving out of the Borough. This left an open seat and an opportunity to continue my community service.
Interesting fact about you: I serve as secretary of Spring City American Legion Baseball Inc. and I volunteer in the press box at Ram Stadium during the American Legion Baseball season.
Name: Paul Chrisman
Positions Previously Held: Chairman, Royersford Planing Commission, current member of Royersford Borough Council.
Interesting fact about you: Have lived in the Borough of Royersford since 1976.
Name: Bruce Buckwalter
Position Previously Held: Councilman
Interesting fact about you: Resident in the boro for 60+yrs., My own Construction Co. for 42 yrs., Royersford council for 12 yrs.
All four candidates provided the following responses:
What are the biggest issues facing your community? One of the biggest issues facing Royersford Borough is the revitalization of our downtown. We have already taken the following steps in addressing this issue:
- We have worked with state and county officials to improve Main Street business corridor through street/pavement restoration and streetscaping.
- We have expanded the municipal parking lot to accommodate Main Street business patrons.
- We have established walking trails along the Schuylkill River and made improvements to Victory Park for recreation.
- The development of Foundry Park as the gateway to Royersford.
- Most recently we have been working with Montgomery County officials and a local businessman to complete the 1st Avenue and Main Street intersection. We also want to extend 1st avenue to retain and attract new businesses.