For some, love is in the air on this cold February day. For others, it's just another day in the life. And even further, some can't stand the thought of it. But, regardless, Feb. 14 is known to all as Valentine's Day. In light of the "lovers' holiday," we've put together a special list of five things you may not know about today.
1. What's that falling from the sky? - According to our own weather guru Tom Thunstrom of Phillyweather.net, there's a . If you've got plans in the city, be careful driving!
2. Still seats available - We've been notified there still may be reservations available at the following local restaurants: , , . Hey local business owners - do you still have reservations open, too? Tell us in the comments so our readers are most informed!
3. A Special Patch V-Day - Lower Gwynedd-Ambler-Whitpain Patch Editor Leann Pettit whipped up a special recipe for those do-it-yourselfers. to check it out.
4. The App Advantage for V-Day Haters - Check out from Pottstown Patch editor Teresa McMinn, who highlights a new SmartPhone App that helps local people meet other singles close by.
5. No Love, Just Business for Spring-Ford Hoops - The boys basketball team will face off against Methacton High School tonight at 7:00 p.m. for the PAC-10 Championship Title.