New today in The Limerick Post:
- State AG Shoots Down Lottery Management Contract Pennsylvania Attorney General Kathleen Kane said Gov. Tom Corbett's plan to outsource management of the state lottery was unconstitutional.
- Local Businesses Sign On As Grandview Sponsors A Limerick company is among major supporters of the Bechtelsville PA NASCAR stock car track, touted as among the most successful in the country.
- Montgomery County’s Latest Emergency Dispatches Did you just hear a siren? It could be the police, emergency medical service personnel, or fire companies being dispatched by Montgomery County’s Department of Public Safety. See its incident list here in real time.
- From ‘Serious Eats,’ Something Great For Dinner Tonight Whip up something fabulous for tonight’s dinner, with fresh recipes daily from “Serious Eats”.
- Ahead On The Calendar Local events by the day, week or month. Got one to add? E-mail The Post.
- Tomorrow’s AccuWeather Forecast, And National Weather News A look at what the next day could be like, provided by AccuWeather.
- Keep Up With Limerick Police, Now Open On Twitter It’s had an account for Facebook for a long time. Now the Limerick Police Department has a presence on Twitter too.
- Local Senator Ups State Transportation Ante By A Billion Limerick’s representative in the state Senate, John Rafferty, thinks Gov. Corbett’s proposal to fund transportation improvements in Pennsylvania by $1.7 billion annually is too low. He’s hoping to bump that figure up by another billion to solve a variety of infrastructure problems.
- No-Meat Meals For Lent An Easily Met Goal On Wednesday’s Food Page: Cooking nutritious and delicious meatless meals for Lent has never been easier; What better way to show Valentine’s Day love than with a delicious gift made from the heart?; And salted caramel cheesecake brownie bars to die for.
- No Shortage Monday Of Commissioners’ Talking Topics The mood was, at times, relaxed; the conversation, at times, pointed. But there was plenty of give-and-take Monday when Montgomery County Commissioners arrived in Pottstown for a “listening tour.”
- Association Plans Orienteering Program For First-Timers Find your way anywhere with a compass, a map, and your wits. Learn how during a free seminar scheduled for March at French Creek State Park.
- Nursing Care Provider Holds Career Open House Those interested in caring for special needs children can get more information during Wednesday breakfast meetings at Dunkin’ Donuts in Pottstown.
- There’s Always Enough Snow For Saturday Sledding Just ask the Woods’ children in Harleysville.
- This Week: County Chatter, Lovers’ Music, Cheap Books On the calendar this week: chatting with county commissioners in Pottstown; job-hunting help in Downingtown; two Valentine’s Day concerts, in Sanatoga and Pottstown; the Pottstown library’s two-day book sale; open-hearth cooking at Pottsgrove Manor; and Birdsboro’s special bingo game.
The Limerick Post is part of The Post Publications LLC. Joe Zlomek is its managing editor. These links to its content are provided as a service to readers of The Limerick Patch.