New today in The Limerick Post:
- AAA Offering Alaska Cruise Information In Royersford A presentation is scheduled for Feb. 21 at its Buckwalter Road office.
- Local Senator Favors PA Turnpike Debt Relief Proposal
Local Sen John Rafferty favors repeal of a state law to reduce the debt burden carried by the Pennsylvania Turnpike, but it's unlikely to help toll-paying motorists for years to come.
- Montgomery County’s Latest Emergency Dispatches
Did you just hear a siren? It could be the police, emergency medical service personnel, or fire companies being dispatched by Montgomery County’s Department of Public Safety. See its incident list here in real time.
- From 'Serious Eats,' Something Great For Dinner Tonight
Whip up something fabulous for tonight's dinner, with fresh recipes daily from "Serious Eats".
- Ahead On The Calendar
Local events by the day, week or month. Got one to add? E-mail The Post.
- Tomorrow’s AccuWeather Forecast, And National Weather News
A look at what the next day could be like, provided by AccuWeather.
- Science Author Speaks Species Feb. 26 At Ursinus
He'll talk twice in Collegeville about the subject of his new book, adventurers who go looking for Earth's new or undiscovered species.
- Job-Seeker Support Group Offers February Assistance
A growing networking group for the unemployed and underemployed has planned helpful sessions for Feb. 11 and 18. They're free and open to the public.
- Housing Advocates Invite Limerick Landlords To Breakfast
Local housing advocacy groups hope to work with landlords in reducing evictions, creating more affordable housing, and keeping tenants housed. They've scheduled an informational breakfast Feb. 21 in Pottstown.
- Set Your Dinner Table With Asian-Insired Comfort Food
On today's Food Page: Citrus fruits can bring more than sunshine to the family table; To lower cholesterol and fat, look closely at lean beef; and Asian-inspired comfort foods with Thai, Vietnamese and Korean seasonings are at the forefront of flavor.
- Don't Ignore Tax Filing Or Payment Problems, CPAs Warn
If you owe taxes or, worse, can't pay your taxes, don't make the mistake of not filing a tax return, Pennsylvania's certified public accountants implore. Believe it or not, the government really can help you, but not if you ignore the problem.
- Wedding Experts Entertain At Linfield's Shearer Elegance
Five selected vendors on Sunday showed guests in Linfield how unique and different their upcoming weddings might be.
- After A Two-Year Hiatus, 'Cookie' Makes Return To Her Inn
Cookie Shearer, who says she treats guests like they're family, returned Friday to full-time management of the bed and breakfast in Linfield that bears her name.
- No Fuel At Sanatoga Turkey Hill Through Feb. 18
The popular convenience store on Limerick's border at the Sanatoga interchange for U.S. Route 422 is replacing its aging vehicle fuel pumps with newer models.
The Limerick Post is part of The Post Publications LLC. Joe Zlomek is its managing editor. These links to its content are provided as a service to readers of The Limerick Patch.