New today in The Limerick Post:
- Keep Up With Limerick Police, Now Open On Twitter
It's had an account for Facebook for a long time. Now the Limerick Police Department has a presence on Twitter too.
- Local Senator Ups State Transportation Ante By A Billion Limerick's representative in the state Senate, John Rafferty, thinks Gov. Corbett's proposal to fund transportation improvements in Pennsylvania by $1.7 billion annually is too low. He's hoping to bump that figure up by another billion to solve a variety of infrastructure problems.
- No-Meat Meals For Lent An Easily Met Goal
On Wednesday's Food Page: Cooking nutritious and delicious meatless meals for Lent has never been easier; What better way to show Valentine's Day love than with a delicious gift made from the heart?; And salted caramel cheesecake brownie bars to die for.
- Montgomery County’s Latest Emergency Dispatches
Did you just hear a siren? It could be the police, emergency medical service personnel, or fire companies being dispatched by Montgomery County’s Department of Public Safety. See its incident list here in real time.
- From 'Serious Eats,' Something Great For Dinner Tonight
Whip up something fabulous for tonight's dinner, with fresh recipes daily from "Serious Eats".
- Ahead On The Calendar
Local events by the day, week or month. Got one to add? E-mail The Post.
- Tomorrow’s AccuWeather Forecast, And National Weather News
A look at what the next day could be like, provided by AccuWeather.
- No Shortage Monday Of Commissioners' Talking Topics
The mood was, at times, relaxed; the conversation, at times, pointed. But there was plenty of give-and-take Monday when Montgomery County Commissioners arrived in Pottstown for a "listening tour."
- Association Plans Orienteering Program For First-Timers
Find your way anywhere with a compass, a map, and your wits. Learn how during a free seminar scheduled for March at French Creek State Park.
- Nursing Care Provider Holds Career Open House
Those interested in caring for special needs children can get more information during Wednesday breakfast meetings at Dunkin' Donuts in Pottstown.
- There's Always Enough Snow For Saturday Sledding
Just ask the Woods' children in Harleysville.
- This Week: County Chatter, Lovers' Music, Cheap Books
On the calendar this week: chatting with county commissioners in Pottstown; job-hunting help in Downingtown; two Valentine's Day concerts, in Sanatoga and Pottstown; the Pottstown library's two-day book sale; open-hearth cooking at Pottsgrove Manor; and Birdsboro's special bingo game.
- Fuels Lobby Expert Says PA Gas Tax Could Be Highest
An economist representing petroleum lobbyists claims Gov. Corbett's budget proposal to raise money for fixing roads and bridges could leave Pennsylvania with the nation's highest gasoline tax.
The Limerick Post is part of The Post Publications LLC. Joe Zlomek is its managing editor. These links to its content are provided as a service to readers of The Limerick Patch.