New today in The Limerick Post:
- Housing Advocates Invite Limerick Landlords To Breakfast Local housing advocacy groups hope to work with landlords in reducing evictions, creating more affordable housing, and keeping tenants housed. They've scheduled an informational breakfast Feb. 21 in Pottstown.
- Set Your Dinner Table With Asian-Insired Comfort Food On today's Food Page: Citrus fruits can bring more than sunshine to the family table; To lower cholesterol and fat, look closely at lean beef; and Asian-inspired comfort foods with Thai, Vietnamese and Korean seasonings are at the forefront of flavor.
- Don't Ignore Tax Filing Or Payment Problems, CPAs Warn If you owe taxes or, worse, can't pay your taxes, don't make the mistake of not filing a tax return, Pennsylvania's certified public accountants implore. Believe it or not, the government really can help you, but not if you ignore the problem.
- From 'Serious Eats,' Something Great For Dinner Tonight
Whip up something fabulous for tonight's dinner, with fresh recipes daily from "Serious Eats".
- Montgomery County’s Latest Emergency Dispatches
Did you just hear a siren? It could be the police, emergency medical service personnel, or fire companies being dispatched by Montgomery County’s Department of Public Safety. See its incident list here in real time.
- Ahead On The Calendar
Local events by the day, week or month. Got one to add? E-mail The Post.
- Tomorrow’s AccuWeather Forecast, And National Weather News
A look at what the next day could be like, provided by AccuWeather.
- Wedding Experts Entertain At Linfield's Shearer Elegance
Five selected vendors on Sunday showed guests in Linfield how unique and different their upcoming weddings might be.
- After A Two-Year Hiatus, 'Cookie' Makes Return To Her Inn
Cookie Shearer, who says she treats guests like they're family, returned Friday to full-time management of the bed and breakfast in Linfield that bears her name.
- No Fuel At Sanatoga Turkey Hill Through Feb. 18
The popular convenience store on Limerick's border at the Sanatoga interchange for U.S. Route 422 is replacing its aging vehicle fuel pumps with newer models.
- This Week: Black History Events, And An Irish Jig Or Two
Take charge of your finances Tuesday in Pottstown. Learn about the area's black history Thursday in Collegeville or Sunday in Birdsboro. Dance the Celtic way Friday in Pottstown. Attend a tea party Friday in Limerick, or a birthday party Saturday in Sanatoga. There's another bridal expo planned too.
- Painter Plans Sanatoga Seminars On Financial Assistance
The state representative for Limerick, Royersford, Lower Pottsgrove and Pottstown will hold sessions on education financial assistance, and how to apply for it, on Feb. 26 and March 2 in his Sanatoga office.
- For Valentine's Day, She Suggests, Just Act Naturally
An area blogger thinks the finest expressions of love won't be found at the florist, the card aisle, or the chocolate shoppe.
- Corbett Ties More School Funds To Liquor Store Sales
The Pennsylvania Independent describes it as a "deft political move" intended to win converts to privatizing Pennsylvania's liquor sales and distribution system while silencing critics.
The Limerick Post is part of The Post Publications LLC. Joe Zlomek is its managing editor. These links to its content are provided as a service to readers of The Limerick Patch.