59th Annual NARI-BIE Pottstown Home Show
When: March 1 – 3, 2013 Hours: Fri 5pm to 9m, Sat 10am to 9pm and Sun 11am to 5pm. Location: 50 Sunnybrook Road, Pottstown (across from Pottstown Hospital). Who: Everyone and Anyone. Tickets: Gate price is $5 for the 59th Annual NARI-BIE Pottstown Home Show and Children 16 and under free. Organizers NARI-BIE Building Industries Exchange
The annual Home Show is a three-day expo sponsored by the Building Industries Exchange (NARI-BIE) of Pottstown and Vicinity, Inc. and produced through volunteer efforts of NARI-BIE members. Local businesses are invited to demonstrate their products and services to the Home Show’s 10,000 plus attendees. The Show offers drawings, prizes, demonstrations, and an all-under-one-roof opportunity for visitors to collect home improvement and building information from local professionals. The Directory of Construction Information, published annually by the NARI-BIE, will be available free of charge. Admission is $5 at the gate; children 16 and under are free. Over 300,000 discount admission tickets and coupon are distributed throughout the area.
We have been to the Home Show five times in the last decade and never once walked away without a new home improvement idea or an actually project. That might be enough to keep some folks away but I guarantee that you will not walk away empty-handed.
It’s Not Just About Home remodeling
There is also seminars, food, entertainment and building competitions being offered.
2013 Schedule of Events
The 59th Annual NARI-BIE Pottstown Home Show will be held March 1-3, 2013 at Sunnybrook Ballroom and Grounds. For a map and directions to Sunnybrook, please click here.
Friday, March 1
- 5:00 PM – Show opens to the public
- 6:30 PM – Seminar: Understanding the EPA Lead Paint Law – Presented by Gehman Design Remodeling
- 7:30 PM – Seminar: Maintain Your Expensive Blacktop Investment at Home, Work, or Social Property – Presented by Chem Seal
- 9:00 PM – Show closes
Saturday, March 2
- 10:00 AM – Show opens to the public
- TBA – Vocational Skills Competition at Pavilion
- 11:30 AM – Seminar: Why Central Vacuums Give Your a Healthier Home – Presented by CzarStar Security
- 12:30 PM – Seminar: The Ever Changing Market: What Does It Mean For You? – Presented by Keller Williams Realty Group
- 1:30 PM – Seminar: How to Avoid a Remodeling Nightmare – Presented by P. Richard Frantz, AIA Architect
- 2:30 PM – Seminar: Maximizing Appliance Efficiency – Presented by Sanatoga Water Conditioning, Inc.
- 3:30 PM – Seminar: From Plan to J.O.B. – Presented by J.O.B. Design & Construction Co., Inc.
- 6:30 PM – Seminar: How to Protect Your Home - Presented by CzarStar SecurityEdit
- 9:00 PM – Show closes
Sunday, March 3
- 11:00 AM – Show opens to the public
- 12:00 PM – Shred Event Begins (maximum: 2 file boxes; must purchase show ticket)
- 12:30 PM – Seminar: Go Green and Save Green – Presented by Halo Energy, LLC
- 1:30 PM – Seminar: Weatherize your Home’s Air Leaks with a Thermal Imaging Camera – Presented by Oehlert Bros., Inc.
- 3:00 PM – Shred Event Ends (maximum 2 file boxes; must purchase show ticket)
- 5:00 PM – Show closes
Bring your own Water!: You don’t want to end up paying $4.00 for a bottle of water. Also, a good pair of walking shoes. There is a lot to see. Throw some things in a backpack: You can easily enter and exit the Sunnybrook Ballroom and Grounds with your backpack. Plus there are a ton of people mingling around and a backpack always ends up being easier than a purse.
Bring Cash: Many of the vendors these days take cards, but it’s usually much faster if you have cash. Some vendors will only take cash so make sure you don’t miss out on your favorite delicacy because you don’t have cash.